I made this for a work bbq at a friend's house... afterwards I was wishing I would have made two! It disappeared so quickly! It's rich, but just sweet enough. Who knew Eva Longoria could cook?!
Chocolate Sweetheart Pie via Eva's Kitchen:
1 store-bought refrigerated, 9-inch pie crust
8 oz. 60% semisweet chocolate
2/3 cup corn syrup
1 cup heavy cream
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9 inch pie plate with the piecrust, gently pushing it into the edges of the pan. Place in refrigerator until needed.
2. In a heavy saucepan, heat 6 oz. of the chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, until just melted. Stir in the corn syrup and 1/2 cup of the cream. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Place the pie shell on a baking sheet and pour the chocolate mixture into the pie shell. Bake until a knife inserted 1 inch from center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let stand on a wire rack until completely cool: the center of the pie will sink as it cools.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, place the remaining 1/2 cup of the cream, the sugar, and vanilla and beat until soft peaks form. Spoon the whipped cream onto the center of the cooled pie. Top with strawberries.
5. Place the remaining 2 ounces of the chocolate in a small dish and microwave on high power just until melted, 30-60 seconds, stopping and stirring every 10-15 seconds. Remove from the microwave, and stir until completely melted. Drizzle the chocolate over the strawberries. Serve at room temperature.