Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Brown Butter Brownies



The process of browning butter is one that can seem daunting to some... but once you do it a couple times, you will have it down pat. Don't be intimidated! Once you try it, you will be so glad you did. Brown butter adds a depth to anything that you could never imagine afterwards without it. I actually have a confession in making this recipe, (something that I still have no explanation for)... I had no vanilla in my pantry! This NEVER happens to me. My only thought is that this whole move has just really put me out of my element. So I had to make a substitution... and an unconventional one at that: almond extract. But I have to say it worked out well. I'm used to a brownie/almond combination anyway... but the extract in the brownie itself was a stretch even for me. Live & learn. 

Brown Butter Brownies via The Parsley Thief:

No comments:

Post a Comment