Friday, June 17, 2011

Slow Roasted Tomatoes


These are one of those simple delicacies that really make you appreciate the easy things in life! These are great in pasta, as a salad topper, or as a quick snack all by themselves. The recipe says you can use various types of tomatoes. I used grape because I find them a bit sweeter than cherry tomatoes. They worked nicely, but they did take the full three hours of slow roasting. I would venture to say that if you wanted to use Roma they would take far longer than even the stated three hours. These are a lot less oily than the packed sundried tomatoes that I am used to. I can appreciate them for that. For my seasonings I used sea salt, cracked pepper, and an italian seasoning mix.

Slow Roasted Tomatoes via Panini Happy:

1 comment:

  1. the cinnamon rolls looks delicious! ...i may have to try that sometime. as far as the oven roasted tomatoes go... when they are finished are they like sun dried tomatoes in regards to texture just minus the oil drenching? or are they still tomatoe-y?

    ReplyDelete