Thursday, February 3, 2011

Linguine with Leeks, Shrimp, & Arugula



I saw this cookbook at Barnes & Noble awhile ago and had to pick it up. Trader Joe's is the best, so what better than a cookbook all inclusive of ONLY TJ's items! This recipe was simple, quick to put together, light, but still filling. I've been on a pasta kick lately, I don't know what's going on with that. I try to make myself feel better by using whole wheat pasta. I'm not sure that really makes much of a difference. On a side note: the frozen, crushed garlic cubes at TJ's are probably one of the greatest, most recent kitchen inventions I've discovered. I'm hooked. I used TONS of extra arugula in this one. I even served the pasta with the arugula mixed in over a whole bed of arugula. LOVE the pasta/arugula combo. This will be a great weeknight meal!

Linguine with Leeks, Shrimp, & Arugula via the I <3 Trader Joe's Cookbook:

1 16 oz. bag linguine, cooked & drained
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
2 leeks, cleaned & thinly sliced
2 cubes frozen, crushed garlic
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
handful of arugula
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
salt & pepper to taste

In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil and butter. Saute leeks over medium-high heat until tender. (About 5 minutes.) Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer 5 minutes, until sauce is slightly reduced. Add shrimp & cook 3-4 minutes until pink. Toss the leek-shrimp mixture with the cooked pasta. Add arugula & toss. Add grated parmesan & toss. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt & pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment