Monday, February 7, 2011

Simple, Hearty White Chili & Cheddar, Scallion Corn Muffins


It was so cold & windy yesterday. Cold = chili & cornbread in my book! I've been wanting to try out a white chili for awhile now, and this recipe sounded delicious. Delicious it was, AMAZE! This was so tasty and hearty. The batch was huge, so I'll probably be eating this for the next 4 days, and I do not mind. This is the type of dish that actually tastes better after it sits. The next day is really the ideal time to eat it, though I doubt you'll be able to resist it once it's done. This type of dish also freezes well if you wanted to save any for a later time. I fall more and more in love with my dutch oven every time I make something like this. If you haven't made the investment to purchase one, you won't regret it. It has some kind of magical power that causes everything cooked in it to become instantly delicious. Enjoy.

P.S. On the chili: I substituted 1 cup of buttermilk for the whole milk. I also added a whole can of drained corn for some bite, sweetness, & fiber!

Simple, Hearty White Chili via the Pioneer Woman:

Cheddar, Scallion Corn Muffins via the Flick of my Wrist:

1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
4 scallions, chopped
1/3 cup grated cheddar

Mix corn muffin mix, milk, and egg until combined. Stir in scallions & cheese until evenly mixed. Divide evenly among 6 greased muffin tins. Bake at 400 F for 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment