Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies


I had a hankering to do some baking today but I couldn't come up with an inspiration so I ended up just sticking with a classic. I'm not even really that much of a chocolate chip fan, but there really is something to be said about a warm cookie out of the oven on a cool, rainy day. These stayed perfectly soft and moist, and that is a necessity in my cookie rule book. No crunchy cookies allowed!

Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies via the Flick of my Wrist:
(About 32 four inch cookies)

2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add salt, vanilla, eggs, and baking soda. Mix well. Add flour and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts until thoroughly mixed. Drop by heaping, rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased, parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before transferring cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment