Sunday, December 12, 2010

Spinach Soup with Gruyere


I saw this recipe on the Pioneer Woman blog and was instantly intrigued. It seemed simple enough and fairly quick so I gave it a try yesterday and was quite pleased. It is definitely not a light soup, don't let the spinach fool you. This would be a great cold weather type soup. I did make a couple tweaks to the recipe. I added four slices of chopped bacon & an additional 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne. I also used havarti in place of the gruyere just because that is what I had on hand. I'm sure any creamy, mild cheese would work fine. I found that I needed much more salt and pepper than the recipe requested, just season at the end to taste. Now if only this weekend would have produced some soup weather. It is 80 degrees in the middle of December!   

Spinach Soup with Gruyere via the Pioneer Woman:

No comments:

Post a Comment