Thursday, December 23, 2010

Best Rolled Sugar Cookies


Cookies have always been a Christmas tradition since as long as I can remember. Now that I live by myself, I'm trying to rekindle some of these traditions that I once had in hopes of preserving some of these traditions for my future family. Sugar cookies are the BEST! They're like an open cookie canvas! Blank for whatever you'd like to do with them, whatever shape, whatever flavor, whatever decoration. I got some Christmas cookie cutters this year: trees, stars, snowflakes, snowmen, and mittens. After these cooled, I frosted with a basic cream cheese frosting and decorated with Christmas sprinkles. Delicious! I will promptly be distributing these at work to avoid consuming them. Merry Christmas!

Basic Cream Cheese Frosting:

8 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 cup butter
3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream softened butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Add vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.

Best Rolled Sugar Cookies via All Recipes:

No comments:

Post a Comment