Saturday, November 20, 2010

Down South Comfort!


This has to be one of my all time favorite meals I've ever made! Lousiana Red Beans & Rice, Collard Greens, and Cornbread muffins with cinnamon honey butter! It really doesn't get much better than that! And to accompany the meal, a Laker victory! C'mon now... that's a great day! Enjoyed this meal with my Daddy. Let me tell you, he went back for seconds! This will not disappoint! I recommend Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce for a little kicker of a condiment, I like my nose to run! Take note of the excessive use of exclamation points in this post, this meal is THAT good!

*note: I substitued small red beans for kidney beans in this recipe. (I feel like if a recipe is titled "authentic," it should at least use the right bean!)

Authentic Louisiana Red Beans & Rice via All Recipes:

Short-Cut Collard Greens via Ellie Krieger:

Cinnamon Honey Butter via Ina Garten:

The cornbread muffins were just from the good ole' Jiffy box... 99 cents folks! Cut your losses!

No comments:

Post a Comment