Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sour Cream Coffee Cake 3


I made this coffee cake to take to work on my last morning of a long 6 day work stretch. After working 72 hours in a week, you need a little cake in your life. I baked this in the morning before work, so it was still warm for consumption, SO good! I'm pretty picky about coffee cake because I was spoiled with my Mom's secret recipe coffee cake growing up. This wasn't my Mom's coffee cake, but it was very good, and quite different. Don't let the sour cream scare you. I know that sounds weird, but it's mostly just to add moisture to the cake. It really does work well. Just a quick note on the recipe: anticipate a bit longer baking time than the recipe indicates. Mine seemed to take a bit longer to pass the clean toothpick test. I would recommend serving warm if possible.

Sour Cream Coffee Cake 3 via All Recipes:

No comments:

Post a Comment