Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Icebox Cake


I've been wanting to make this cake since the very first day that I discovered the Smitten Kitchen, but I just got around to it yesterday! I don't know what I was waiting for. Nothing could possibly go wrong with the simplicity of this recipe combined with the concept of a giant Oreo cake. The only thing is you do need to plan ahead a little because it has to sit in the fridge overnight to soften up the wafers. Definitely try this out if you are an Oreo lover, it is SO easy!

Icebox Cake via Smitten Kitchen:

3 comments:

  1. I am totally not a baker so when I saw this on smittenkitchen I totally passed over it. So cool! Love this, especially since I don't have to worry about trying out and wasting pounds of flour and cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking it out, I think you'll enjoy it. Subscribe to my blog for even more goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make this as a child. I saw the cookie wafers at the grocery store about a year or so ago and it brought back memories so my daughter and I made one. Works just as well with Cool Whip!

    ReplyDelete