Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ratatouille Scramble


So I had to find a creative way to use up my leftover ratatouille veggies. Waste not, want not! ...and I want a lot, so I figure I better not waste! I had several leftover veggies after I stacked up my ratatouille. I marinated all these leftover veggies in a little lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, & thyme overnight in the fridge. Sauteed them up in the morning with a little scramble and good to go! This was extremely flavorful. A great morning pick me up with a little side of OJ.

Ratatouille Scramble via the flick of my wrist:

 Large handful of your marinated leftover ratatouille veggies (Zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow squash, & eggplant marinated in lemon juice, olive juice, dash of salt & pepper, and pinch of rosemary & thyme)
1 scrambled egg
dash of buttermilk
pinch of delicious creamy cheese
cilantro sprigs

Scramble egg and buttermilk, set aside. Saute veggies in small, greased frying pan until desired doneness. Pour egg mixture over veggies. Just before egg mixture is cooked through, sprinkle with desired amount of cheese and fold scramble in half to cover and melt cheese. Plate scramble and top with cilantro!

No comments:

Post a Comment